Monday, July 7, 2014

Solange Breaks Silence On Infamous Elevator Incident In LUCKY Magazine

Solange_August_Cover.jpg
 
Now this is how you properly move on from a scandal. It's clear that this Knowles' ain't worried 'bout nothin'...

LUCKY magazine has released it's August 2014 issue, and who better else to rock the cover other than our favorite 60s inspired fashionista, Solange Knowles!

Inside, the singer dishes on her background dancing days with Destiny's Child, the evolution of her fashion game, and what we've all been anxiously waiting for; the infamous 'oops upside your head' elevator moment. *Popcorn please*

Check out excerpts from the interview, along with some colorful and classy snapshots of the songstress below.

Solange Knowles - Lucky Magazine 2014

On being a background dancer for Destiny's Child: "I had no idea how to dance hip-hop at the time, I was trained in classical ballet! But it sounded chill and I was going to make a little weekly check and be with my whole family so I said okay."

On the evolution of Solange's fashion sense: "When I look back at old pictures, my dad was always smartly dressed, my mom had the most elegant, beautiful style, and my sister was very into the '90s cross colors look, and I, I just had all of these different things inside of me...I had issues with dressing weather-appropriate. In Houston, it's pretty much always hot. But I was mad I didn't get to have seasonal outfits so I'd wear sweaters and tights anyway. When speaking of her fashion today the singer says she loves dawning Rastafarian looks: red, green, and yellow pieces from some of her favorites brands like Tibi and J. Crew. "It's interesting how the past comes back full circle, and then it becomes more refined."

On the elevator fight she now refers to as "that thing": What's important is that my family and I are all good. What we had to say collectively was in the statement that we put out, and we all feel at peace with that." *Throws popcorn in the trash*

See more at LUCKY magazine!
LUCKY mag

Solange Knowles - Lucky Magazine 2014 1

Purple stripe.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment