Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Little League Sensation Mo'ne Davis Covers Sports Illustrated Magazine



I think it's safe to say it's a good thing if someone tells you "You throw like a girl..."

Another mark in history has been made and this time it has to do with 13-year-old Little League baseball sensation Mo'ne Davis!

The golden girl for the Philadelphia Taney Dragons has not only taken the sports world by storm with her 70 mph fastball, and her accomplishment of becoming the first girl to throw a shutout in World Series history, but she's also now the first little leaguer to grace the national cover for Sports Illustrated!

In the magazine Mo'ne speaks on adjusting to her newfound fame, and also dishes on the sport she's most passionate about (hint: It ain't baseball!).

Check out some excerpts below.

Mo'ne on her newfound fame: "People were like 'Oh, there are going to be people running up to you taking pictures' and I thought it was going to be a bunch of little kids, but it's grown ups! And that's, like, creepy."

Mo'ne's dream sport: "To be honest, I never thought I'd be famous for baseball. I want to play basketball, and I could do both basketball and baseball, but I really want to play basketball."

As far as I'm concerned, you can do it ALL honey! Do it ALL!

The Sports Illustrated cover will hit newsstands August 25th.

No comments:

Post a Comment