Sunday, December 29, 2013

GMA Anchor Robin Roberts: Say It Loud! I'm Gay And I'm Proud!




In other un-shocking news...

Earlier today Good Morning America anchor Robin Roberts shared what we've known for years on Facebook what she's been most grateful for in 2013, and also came out for the first time publicly regarding her sexuality.

In a message posted on her Facebook page, Roberts wrote: "I am grateful to God, my doctors and nurses for my restored good health. I am grateful for my sister, Sally-Ann, for being my donor and giving me the gift of life. I am grateful for my entire family, my long time girlfriend, Amber, and friends as we prepare to celebrate a glorious new year together..."

Roberts battled with breast cancer in 2008 and faced another hardship in 2012 when she was diagnosed with a rare blood disorder called myelodysplastic syndrome.

In May of 2012 President Barack Obama chose the GMA anchor for his landmark interview to acknowledge his support for same-sex marriage.

...at this point what do we all say to each other...I told you so? Oh well, we love you Robin!






No comments:

Post a Comment