Saturday, December 21, 2013

Kevin Hart Covers Vibe Magazine's Winter 2014 Race Issue


...and the breakout star of the year award goes to...Kevin Hart! This guy has been moving on up like The Jeffersons!

America's funny man is featured on Vibe magazines dual cover (The other cover star being rapper Drake) for their winter 2014 race issue.

In his interview the 33-year-old comedian discusses everything from his experience with raising his children in a post racial society to doing big things in 2014.

Check out some of the excerpts below.

On raising kids in a post-racial society:

My kids are coming up in a different time than me. Interracial couples are of the norm. With me, it's about making sure my kids understand the importance of education and having opportunities that I didn't. My goal as a parent is to make sure they don't take what they have for granted. You definitely want your kids to understand their heritage, but I don't want my kids to just focus on being black. They are people. I don't want them to judge other people or to be judged. I want them to be good people, so good people will treat them accordingly. I preach that to my kids and everything else falls into place.

On if he experiences everyday racism:

Even if I did, I don't give it the attention. I don't welcome negative energy. The time it takes to harbor, reap, b#tch and complain is the time that you can be doing something else. Have I gotten into situations with people that could have been racist? Of course, I am human. I'm a young black guy in Hollywood. You chalk it up and move on.

On what's next for Hart in the future:

As a businessman, my company HartBeat Productions is growing, and doing it from an independent standpoint. I'm the financier and the money that we have coming in is all self-evolved. It's all generated through Kevin Hart. That's a great thing, but my goal is to see that grow even more and be an engine that runs with or without me. From a movie standpoint, there are tons of movies coming out. Seth Rogan and I sold a movie together. It's a period piece about two cops from the '50's but they're the first black and white team to ever be in partnership. It was a funny idea, it's unique and it's definitely pushing the envelope. We have a mutual respect, a good friendship, so naturally all the pieces fall into place. I've got to start working on my next special, and figure out when I'm going back on the road.

Forbes' 6th top earning comedian will be in a slew of movies coming out soon which include: 'Grudge Match', with Sylvester Stallone and Robert De Niro; 'Ride Along' with Ice Cube; Rom-com remake 'About Last Night' with Michael Ealy, Joy Bryant, Regina Hall, and Paula Patton; and the sequel to 'Think Like A Man' which is scheduled to hit theaters this summer.

Now this is one comedian that has himself laughing all the way to the bank. Literally.




via Vibe


No comments:

Post a Comment